- These terms and conditions apply to contracts for the rental of hotel rooms for accommodation as well as all other services and deliveries provided by the hotel for the customer in this context (hotel accommodation contract). The term "hotel accommodation contract" includes and replaces the following terms: accommodation, guest accommodation, hotel, hotel room contract.
- The subletting or re-letting of the rooms provided as well as their use for purposes other than accommodation require the prior consent of the hotel in writing, whereby Section 540 (1) sentence 2 BGB is waived unless the customer is a consumer within the meaning of Section 13 BGB.
- General terms and conditions of the customer only apply if this has been expressly agreed in writing beforehand.
2. CONCLUSION OF CONTRACT, PARTNER, LIMITATION OF LIMITATIONS
1. The contracting parties are the hotel and the customer. The contract is concluded when the hotel accepts the customer's application. The hotel is free to confirm the room booking in text form.
2. All claims against the hotel become statute-barred one year from the start of the statutory limitation period. This does not apply to claims for damages and other claims if the latter are based on an intentional or grossly negligent breach of duty by the hotel.
3. SERVICES, PRICES, PAYMENT, SET-OFF
The hotel is obliged to keep the rooms reserved by the customer available and to provide the agreed services.
- The customer is obliged to pay the hotel's agreed or applicable prices for rooms provided and for other services used. This also applies to services commissioned directly by the customer or via the hotel that are provided by third parties and disbursed by the hotel.
- The agreed prices include the taxes and local duties applicable at the time the contract is concluded. Not included are local taxes, which are owed by the guest himself according to the respective local law, such as visitor's tax. In the event of a change in the statutory sales tax or the introduction, change or abolition of local taxes on the object of performance after the conclusion of the contract, the prices will be adjusted accordingly. In the case of contracts with consumers, this only applies if the period between the conclusion of the contract and the fulfillment of the contract exceeds four months.
- The hotel can make its consent to a subsequent reduction in the number of reserved rooms, the hotel's services or the customer's length of stay, as requested by the customer, dependent on the price of the rooms and / or other hotel services increasing appropriately.
- Hotel invoices are due for payment immediately upon receipt without any deduction. If payment on account has been agreed, payment must be made within ten days of receipt of the invoice without any deductions, unless otherwise agreed.
- The hotel is entitled to request an appropriate advance payment or security deposit from the customer upon conclusion of the contract, for example in the form of a credit card guarantee. The amount of the advance payment and the payment dates can be agreed in text form in the contract. In the case of advance payments or security deposits for package tours, the statutory provisions remain unaffected. If the customer defaults on payment, the statutory regulations apply.
- In justified cases, for example the customer's payment arrears or expansion of the scope of the contract, the hotel is entitled to make an advance payment or security deposit within the meaning of section 3.6 above or an increase in the advance payment or security deposit agreed in the contract up to the full agreed amount, even after the conclusion of the contract up to the beginning of the stay To request remuneration.
- The hotel is also entitled to demand an appropriate advance payment or security deposit from the customer at the beginning of and during the stay within the meaning of section 3.6 above for existing and future claims from the contract, insofar as such has not already been made in accordance with section 3.6 and / or section 3.7 above has been.
- The customer can only offset or set off an undisputed or legally binding claim against a claim by the hotel.
- The customer agrees that the invoice can be sent to him electronically
4. WITHDRAWAL BY THE CUSTOMER (CANCELLATION, ANNULMENT) / FAILURE TO USE HOTEL SERVICES (NO SHOW)
- The customer can only withdraw from the contract concluded with the hotel if a right of withdrawal has been expressly agreed in the contract, a statutory right of withdrawal exists or if the hotel expressly agrees to the cancellation of the contract.
- If an appointment has been agreed between the hotel and the customer to withdraw from the contract free of charge, the customer can withdraw from the contract until then without triggering payment or damage claims by the hotel.
- If a right of withdrawal has not been agreed or has already expired, there is also no statutory right of withdrawal or termination and the hotel does not agree to a cancellation of the contract, the hotel retains the right to the agreed remuneration despite not using the service. The hotel must credit the income from renting the rooms to other parties and the expenses saved. If the rooms are not rented to someone else, the hotel can apply a flat-rate deduction for saved expenses. In this case, the customer is obliged to pay 90% of the contractually agreed price for accommodation with or without breakfast as well as for all-inclusive arrangements with third-party services, 70% for half-board and 60% for full-board arrangements. The customer is free to prove that the aforementioned claim did not arise or did not arise in the required amount.
5. WITHDRAWAL BY THE HOTEL
- If it has been agreed that the customer can withdraw from the contract free of charge within a certain period of time, the hotel is entitled to withdraw from the contract during this period if there are inquiries from other customers about the contractually booked rooms and the customer upon inquiry by the hotel with an appropriate deadline not waive his right to withdraw. This applies accordingly if an option is granted, if there are other inquiries and the customer is not ready to make a firm booking upon request of the hotel with a reasonable deadline.
- If an advance payment or security deposit agreed or requested in accordance with Section 3.6 and / or Section 3.7 is not made even after a reasonable grace period set by the hotel has expired, the hotel is also entitled to withdraw from the contract.
- Furthermore, the hotel is entitled to extraordinarily withdraw from the contract for an objectively justified reason, especially if
- force majeure or other circumstances for which the hotel is not responsible make it impossible to fulfill the contract;
- rooms or rooms are culpably booked with misleading or false information or with concealment of essential facts; The identity of the customer, solvency or the purpose of stay can be essential;
- the hotel has justified cause to believe that the use of the service could endanger the smooth business operations, the security or the reputation of the hotel in public without this being attributable to the hotel's sphere of control or organization; - the purpose or the reason for the stay is illegal;
- there is a violation of the above-mentioned section 1.2. The justified withdrawal by the hotel does not justify the customer's claim to compensation.
6. LIABILITY OF THE HOTEL
- The hotel is liable for damage caused by injury to life, limb or health for which it is responsible. Furthermore, it is liable for other damages that are based on an intentional or grossly negligent breach of duty by the hotel or an intentional or negligent breach of typical contractual obligations by the hotel. Typical contractual obligations are those obligations that enable the proper execution of the contract and on whose fulfillment the customer trusts and may trust. A breach of duty by the hotel is that of a legal representative or fulfillment obligation
7. LIABILITY OF THE HOTEL
- The hotel is liable for damage caused by injury to life, limb or health for which it is responsible. Furthermore, it is liable for other damages that are based on an intentional or grossly negligent breach of duty by the hotel or an intentional or negligent breach of typical contractual obligations by the hotel. Typical contractual obligations are those obligations that enable the proper execution of the contract and on whose fulfillment the customer trusts and may trust. A breach of duty by the hotel is equivalent to that of a legal representative or vicarious agent. Further claims for damages are excluded, unless otherwise regulated in this section 7. Should disruptions or deficiencies in the hotel's services occur, the hotel will endeavor to remedy the situation if the customer becomes aware of it or if the customer complains immediately. The customer is obliged to do what is reasonable for him to remedy the disruption and to keep possible damage to a minimum.
- The hotel is liable to the customer for items brought in according to the statutory provisions. The hotel recommends using the hotel or room safe. If the customer wishes to bring in money, securities and valuables with a value of more than EUR 800 or other items with a value of more than EUR 3,500, this requires a separate storage agreement with the hotel.
- Insofar as the customer is provided with a parking space in the hotel garage or on the hotel car park, even for a fee, this does not result in a custody contract. In the event of loss of or damage to motor vehicles parked or maneuvered on the hotel property and their contents, the hotel is only liable in accordance with the above section 7.1, sentences 1 to 4.
- Wake-up calls are carried out by the hotel with great care. Messages for customers are handled with care. After prior agreement with the customer, the hotel can accept, store and - on request - forward post and goods for a fee. The hotel is only liable in accordance with the preceding section 7.1, sentences 1 to 4.
8. FINAL PROVISIONS
- Changes and additions to the contract, the acceptance of applications or these general terms and conditions should be made in text form. Unilateral changes or additions are ineffective.
- The place of fulfillment and payment as well as the exclusive place of jurisdiction - also for check and bill of exchange disputes - is Bispingen for commercial transactions. If a contractual partner fulfills the requirement of Section 38 (2) ZPO and does not have a general place of jurisdiction in Germany, the place of jurisdiction is Bispingen.
- German law applies. The application of the UN sales law is excluded.
- According to the legal obligation, the hotel points out that the European Union has set up an online platform for the out-of-court settlement of consumer disputes ("OS platform"): http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/
However, the hotel does not take part in dispute settlement proceedings before consumer arbitration boards.
5. Should individual provisions of these general terms and conditions be or become ineffective or void, this shall not affect the effectiveness of the remaining provisions.
Status: May 2019